Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10mins | Total time: 15 mins | Servings: 4
Once you’ve tried our Mamă Mariana’s caramelized brussel sprouts, you won't be able to enjoy them any other way. This dish features our OG Flaev All Purpose Seasoning that elevates any dish. These crispy, tender pan-seared brussel sprouts are a welcomed addition to any meal.
This recipe can turn even the biggest brussel sprout skeptic into a fan. blanching and pan-searing the sprouts give it a wonderful taste and texture. Crispy and caramelized on the outside while still tender on the inside.
1 pound brussel sprouts
2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups shallots, sliced
¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes chopped and drained
1 tbsp OG Flaev All Purpose Seasoning
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, lighted blanche brussel sprouts until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Cut brussel sprouts in half lengthwise.
- In a large deep skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, add the shallots and cook over moderately low heat, stirring until lightly browned, scrape into a bowl.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil to skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add brussel sprouts, cut side down.
- Season with OG Flaev All Purpose Seasoning over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are browned and tender. Top with sun-dried tomatoes and shallots heat through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
- For the meat lovers, take it up a notch by adding pan fried-pancetta to the recipe.